A warm welcome to The Bishop of Hereford’s Bluecoat School and our website.
We hope you enjoy your virtual visit and if you wish to see us at work please don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange an appointment.
At Bishop’s we aim to be a “vibrant Christian learning community” enabling students to flourish academically and socially. Our central ethos of care, respect for the needs of others, courtesy and a warm community feel provides an atmosphere where our students can make the very best of their talents to achieve success and are inspired to chase their dreams.
Ethos and Values
We believe you will find
- a discernible energy and thirst for learning built on clear Christian values where everyone matters.
- a school where students are given every opportunity to succeed in the widest sense, achieving the best possible outcomes
- the whole school community: governors and staff, parents/carers and young people all working together; using expertise, experience and innovation
- students making a positive contribution to the communities in which they live.
- Our students are successful learners, developing the skills and attitudes that will equip them for life. Coming to school is one of the most exciting, challenging, rewarding and pleasurable experiences of a young person’s life.
To that end we have:
- staff who are professionally equipped and dedicated to enabling every student to succeed inspire, support and challenge all in their care.
- a broad and balanced curriculum offers our students a variety of pathways suited to their needs and abilities so that they can achieve their personal best and secure academic success.
- a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities enable students to broaden their horizons, stimulate their creative talents and skills and try new activities.
- student participation in the organisation of our school. We encourage this through the School Council, eco-council, roles such as prefects, librarians and peer listeners and participation in staff interviews. This helps to ensure our students are well prepared for adult membership of our rapidly changing society.