Free School Meals
Who can apply for free school meals
You can apply for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support or Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit if NET earnings do not exceed £7,400
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Child Tax Credit, where Working Tax Credit is NOT in payment AND your annual income does not exceed £16,190 (as determined by HM Revenues and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (A four week payment when your employment has ceased or your working hours reduce below 16 a week)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
UKRANIAN children are likely to be eligible to free school meals. Please ensure you complete an application form at the earliest opportunity. Please advise the school if you are awaiting your NI number so that your case can be considered in the interim.
How to apply
If your child or children attend school outside the county, you must make your application for free school meals to the relevant local council, even if you live in Herefordshire.
Nursery aged children attending a Herefordshire Council maintained nursery, may be eligible but must be receiving education before and after lunch to be entitled to free school meals.
Please find link to apply: https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/xfp/form/263