Every Bishop's pupil gets ONE-TO-ONE CAREERS GUIDANCE
- There is a dedicated CAREERS LEAD in the SENIOR LEADERSHIP TEAM
There's an annual CAREERS FAIR in October for years 9, 10 and 11
- Year 10 get TASTER SESSIONS from Hereford Sixth Form, Hereford College of Arts and Herefordshire & Ludlow College
Year 10 have MOCK JOB INTERVIEWS
- Year 10 get to do WORK EXPERIENCE
There's TAILORED INDIVIDUAL GUIDANCE in Year 11
- Year 9 and 10 have access to TARGETED INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT
There are dedicated CAREERS ASSEMBLIES throughout the academic year
- Careers-focused SKILLS FOR LIFE lessons
Students have access to KUDOS
- A package which allows students to personalise their careers programme
We have EXCELLENT COMPASS results
- We are very PROUD of our EXCELLENT COMPASS results (see link)
Our detailed policy of provision in every year group is on the attached Careers Policy link.
Our subject schemes of work include lessons that identify links to different careers and suggestions where employability skills can be developed.
If you would like to contact our careers officer Lisa Williams she can be reached by emailing email@example.com or by telephoning the school on 01432 347501.
Year 9 CAREERS INITIATIVE
As part of the development of our careers strategy to increase awareness of career options amongst our students, we will be tasking year 9 students to choose a career and find out how to progress into this after school. This involves, in skills for life and as homework, going on to the National Careers Service website
HTTPS://NATIONALCAREERSSERVICE.DIRECT.GOV.UK finding a career of interest, identifying what that career involves, what skills and qualifications it requires, what pay scale and lifestyle it offers, where would be the best progression route after school to make this path accessible and where this career path might take the student.