Values & Ethos
The school’s vision
Jesus said: “I have come that they may have life, life in all its fullness.” This teaching is at the heart of our school community. Through a culture of positive learning experiences rooted in core Christian values, our students will flourish and lead fulfilling lives.
Everyone is welcome at Bishops. Through our Christian identity, we aim to realise every learner's God-given potential by:
- Providing a nurturing, happy environment where each student is safe, respected as an individual and makes a positive contribution to the wellbeing of others.
- Inspiring a delight in learning every day so that students achieve their best, academically, socially and are encouraged to further their enjoyment by participating in extra-curricular opportunities.
- Instilling life-long learning skills, each to be proud of their identity, aiming high with their ambitions, yet content with who they are.
- Living and breathing our core Christian values to create a caring community that is inclusive and closes the gap of inequalities.
- Encouraging all students to take responsibility for their learning and talk confidently with their peers and staff about their learning journey.
- Supporting students in recognising that making mistakes is an important part of learning and becoming resilient.
- Developing a hunger to discover, a thirst for wisdom and grace to grow.
Bishops students chose the following seven core Christian values. These values link to all the work we do here at Bishop's:
Equality, Kindness, Trust, Love, Honesty, Peace, Forgiveness
If you would like an opportunity to visit the school please do not hesitate to contact us,